- National Company 40 Years +
- Focus on Material Handling, Creating New Client Relationships & Retention
- Attractive Salary Package
As a result of our company's continued growth and expansions plans, MLA are seeking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager to promote the company's products and forge strong relationships within the WA Material Handling Equipment market.
This position is based at out Bibra Lake site where you will be reporting directly to the Branch Manager.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Promoting and selling products by developing new business and managing existing customer relationships
- Developing sales strategies that maximize profitability and increase customer network
- Generate additional service labour and parts business
- Conducting site assessments for customers to identify appropriate equipment solutions that best meet their needs
- Conducting product demonstrations in the field and in house
You will be responsible for developing new business in your territory and the overall management of nominated major accounts.
Qualifications and knowledge of Material Handling Equipment or similar Capital Equipment is highly regarded.
You will be able to demonstrate a professional image, strong presentation and negotiation skills and technical aptitude.
Selection Criteria includes;
- Proven sales and rental background from within the forklift industry or similar
- Proven knowledge of Service Department operations and revenue opportunities
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability and determination to generate new business
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively manage large customer accounts
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service at all levels
An attractive negotiable salary package will be offered to the successful candidate as well as the opportunity for further career development.
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
MLA Holdings Pty Ltd is the exclusive Australian importer and distributor of Mitsubishi Forklifts and Vulcan Heavy Forklift Trucks in the Material Handling Industry.
Due to continual growth of our service business we are currently seeking an extremely experienced Customer Service Representative.
The Customer Service Representative's primary function is to generate additional service labour and parts business and their ability to generate further business through new opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate, who will reporting directly to the VIC Operations Manager. This is a hand’s on dynamic role within the VIC service operation and as such the successful candidate must have a strong customer focus. You must have the ability to plan and prioritise effectively, whilst providing a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
In order to be successful for this role you must highlight the following criteria in your application:
- A strong administrative background and understanding of P&L
- Customer service sales experience in the Service Industry an advantage
- Mechanical aptitude a distinct advantage
- Proven knowledge of service department operations and revenue opportunities
- Proven negotiating skills with customers and a can-do attitude
- Proficiency & experience with computer software programs including Excel a must
APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
MITSUBISHI / VULCAN FORKLIFT TRUCKS
MLA Holdings Pty Ltd is a leading Forklift supplier to the Australian Material Handling Market. We are the exclusive Australian importer and distributor of Mitsubishi & Vulcan Forklift Trucks.
Our Melbourne Branch located at Keilor Park is seeking a person with exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
The successful person will be self motivated, be able to work independently within a team environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reporting directly to the VIC Operations Manager, this role will be to interpret customer spare parts requirements, both internal and external and ensure customer needs are fulfilled.
The role requires the successful person to:-
- Source replacement parts quickly and efficiently
- Build a network of suppliers and customers
- Meet monthly budget and KPI’s
- Manage efficiencies and stock levels of store & service vans
- Manage booking out of parts to service job sheets and projects
- Introduce monthly specials and explore new ideas
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously with problem solving ability
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
Intermediate/Advanced computer literacy is essential, along with intermediate skills in Word and Excel.
Industry & sales experience preferred but not essential.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Apply Now for immediate consideration!
MLA Holdings Pty Ltd is the exclusive distributor of the Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks, and Vulcan Container Handling Forklift Trucks in Australia.
Due to the continued growth of our Hunter MLA business, we are currently seeking additional Field Service Technicians & Auto Electricians to join our successful Sandgate workshop service team.
Our work in the Newcastle / Central Coast / Hunter Valley area is diverse and the machines range from small electric forklifts to large capacity and container handling forklifts.
- Effectively complete preventative
- maintenance & repairs to OEM standards
- Must be able to carry out diagnostic analysis, mechanical and electrical repairs as directed on all variations of mobile equipment.
- Ensure on site safety principles and standards are adhered to at all times
- Proficiency and maintaining service paperwork and timesheets
- Carry out their tasks in a safe and efficient manner to the highest possible standards
- Work overtime when required
- Current Trade Certificate in Heavy Vehicles, Plant, Motor Mechanic, Automotive Electrical (or equivalent)
- Experience & knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Experience & knowledge of fault diagnostics and software
- Must be a Safety driven individual with thorough knowledge of all WHS policies and procedures , including hazard identification & risk assessment training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment and independently
- Take pride in your work and presentation
To discuss this opportunity in confidence, please contact the Service Manager Paul Haworth 0412 988 164 or apply below for immediate consideration.
Operating a forklift is an important job, and forklift operators take on a lot of responsibility when they get their forklift licence. Forklift trucks are certainly useful, but they also pose certain risks within the workplace. If they are used recklessly, or without following the correct procedures, it can lead to damage of property, and worse, injury or even death. That means, safety always must come first when getting behind the controls.
Here, to give you a refresher, we will go through five things that all operators need to remember in order to be able to operate a forklift safely.
1. Never operate unlicensed
Having a forklift licence is essential before operating a forklift. During the process of obtaining a license, operators go through training that covers all the important safety information. The only courses that are valid for getting a forklift license are those run by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). These courses aren't just like taking a driving lesson – they teach you much more than how to manoeuvre the machine. You will also learn the relevant regulations that must be adhered to in any workplace where forklifts are used.
2. Wear your safety gear
Forklift operators are typically required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, and high vis clothing at a minimum. You should never operate a forklift without putting these on first. Usually, employers will provide their employees with safety gear, but even if they don't, it is your responsibility to follow up and make sure these things are available to you. Also, make sure your safety gear fits well. Loose clothing items can get stuck in machinery, and loose hard hats aren't protecting anyone.
3. Check the forklift every day
When you start your shift for the day, it is important to thoroughly check the machine before starting operation. You need to make sure the forklift is working properly and is capable of achieving its max reach. Make sure you check covers for the brakes and steering, and that all components are functioning smoothly. It may seem like a burden to do this for every shift, but consider how much worse it will be if you have a malfunction mid-operation. If you notice anything, for example stiff controls, you need to have the machine booked in for repairs and service.
4. Follow speed restrictions
One of the most common causes of injury and damage while operating a forklift is speed. Every workplace has regulations around the maximum speeds a forklift can travel, and these should always be adhered to. Going over the speed limit not only endangers you, but those around you, and your employer's property. So don't risk it. Stick to the limits and don't rush, even if you are behind schedule, forklift safety is absolutely paramount.
5. Don't get complacent
Sometimes when operators have been driving a forklift for a long time, they get complacent and start to cut corners. It is always important to be vigilant when it comes to safety procedures. Keep a keen eye out for any obstacles in your path, avoid bumps and slip hazards, and always sound your horn when approaching an entrance or a blind spot. You also need to keep a safe stopping distance from all other forklifts, at all times. These are just a few of the many safety precautions that will be outlined in your employer's policies, and in your training.
Forklifts are not a toy. If you are getting behind the controls, just as when operating any vehicle or machine, you are taking your own and other's safety into your hands. You always need to follow these tips to ensure that no unnecessary damage or injury results from negligence.
MLA Holdings Pty Ltd can provide you with expert advice on forklift safety, as well as providing safety devices and fleet management systems to enhance your forklift safety. Contact us on 1300 000 652 or visit www.mlaholdings.com.au. Information for this article was sourced from www.dailybulletin.com.au.